VLC is undoubtedly the best player we use on our laptops. And recently it has launched its app for Android phones. It is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays almost all multimedia files. Though the player is really good, it is still in BETA version and it will be little slower than the final version.
Some of the features of the app are:
- It plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams, like the desktop version of VLC.
- It supports a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
- It has also support for multi-track audio and subtitles.
- It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume.
- It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, covert art and a complete audio media library.
This app has over 10 million downloads and 4.5 star rating from over 100,000 users. It shows how people love using this app for watching videos on the phone. In-fact MX Player is the first Android video player that perform multi-core decoding. The app has some awesome features like:
- Multi core decoding.
- CPU Optimisation provides highly optimized codecs and rendering engines for the processors including ARM NEON and NVIDIA Tegra 2.
- Pinch to zoom.
- Subtitle Scroll.
- Kids Lock.
- Full support for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It supports wide range of audio, video and sub title formats.
- Video: mp4, wmv, avi, mkv, dv, rm, mp, mpeg, flv, divx, swf, dat, h264, h263, h261, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, mov, m4v, ogv, vob, vstream, ts.
- Audio: mp3, wma, ogg, mp2, flac, aac, ac3, amr, pcm, wav, au, aiff, 3g2, m4a, astream.
- Subtitles: srt, ass, ssa, sub,txt, utf, smi, rt,aqt, jss, js, utf8, utf-8.
This is one of the best video player for Android phones.It has nice UI, good playback experience and best quality. Some of the features of the phone are:
- Supports all video formats (choose "software decoding" from menu).
- Popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA.
- Subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others.
- Multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles.
- Playlists and continuous play on same type files.
- Videos streamed through HTTP, RTSP protocols.
- Media libraries and sort videos by type.
By installing the above Android video players, you can play almost all types of media files without any issues. If a video player causes an issue for any particular file, you can try other player from the above list that can play the same file smoothly.
Enjoy your video experience on your Android phone with these players.